Thursday, October 15, 2009

The circle of Life

While the leaves are turning color and falling off trees - sure signs of autumn, it's spring in our veranda garden as one of our plants bloomed to life overnight. It was such a surprise as I had no idea that those soggy plants in our miniature pond would flower! I have to admit that I've killed more than my share of plants in my lifetime, but I am now determined to follow in my parents' footsteps and though I may not become a "green thumb", at least minimize the number of casualties in the future.

Watching a plant grow and flower is quite satisfying and reminds me of the care and patience required to help anything to grow and develop, whether that may be a plant or a child. Perhaps this is God's way of gently reminding me to take better care of the precious gifts that he has entrusted in us.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you can't "Chataranga" anymore!! You were the Chataranga master!! Maybe your "chi" is different on the east side of the globe...

    ReplyDelete