Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Stephanie was playing by herself while I was busy cooking in the kitchen. When I came out to see how she was doing, this is what I found.  She is still a baby...

 We invited one of Jessica's friend's family over for Christmas eve dinner. They have been here for a short time and will be going back home to Ohio in January. We were fortunate to have spent time with such a nice family.


For Christmas brunch I wanted to do something special for the children. Michael often reminisces about Le Petit Dejeuner in Toronto so I tried to mimic one of his fave dishes: eggs benedict. With a little help from a trusty internet cooking site, and some tips I remembered that Carol had given me, I managed to whip up a pretty decent version. The hollandaise sauce is a bit yellowy due to the Korean butter I used. Otherwise, it was a wonderfully relaxing Christmas morning.


 Little Miss Stephanie was ecstatic to receive all she wanted from Santa: cars, Lego toys, and a gun. Well, she didn't get the gun but she was happy enough playing with the nerf gun Michael had received from a friend. She even got a Lego truck from Michael - which Michael ended up putting together;-)

Despite all their small tit tats, all was forgiven and forgotten and love filled the room when Stephanie received her Lego gift from Michael.  Michael very thoughfully prepared gifts for the entire family: another testimony to his thoughtful and considerate nature.

1 comment: