Carol hosted her monthly dinner at our place last Sunday - perfect pulled pork, beautifully baked beans, marvelous mushroom salad, and to top it all off, a charming chocolate pavlova. This time Hanna, Jenny and Justin joined us as Hanna is leaving for Egypt in a couple of days and Jenny is going back to Ottawa and we wouldn't see them again until the next time we come back to Toronto. It was wonderful company and nice to reconnect with the young'uns - almost 20 years my junior -cough, cough. Stephanie especially enjoyed playing with Gerwyn and Justin and impressed everyone with her football throwing stance. I am once again reminded of how much I will miss it here and lament that I will not be here to partake in the next great meal.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Carol and company
Carol hosted her monthly dinner at our place last Sunday - perfect pulled pork, beautifully baked beans, marvelous mushroom salad, and to top it all off, a charming chocolate pavlova. This time Hanna, Jenny and Justin joined us as Hanna is leaving for Egypt in a couple of days and Jenny is going back to Ottawa and we wouldn't see them again until the next time we come back to Toronto. It was wonderful company and nice to reconnect with the young'uns - almost 20 years my junior -cough, cough. Stephanie especially enjoyed playing with Gerwyn and Justin and impressed everyone with her football throwing stance. I am once again reminded of how much I will miss it here and lament that I will not be here to partake in the next great meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a lovely gathering. That pavlova looks enormous! I would normally be very envious of the delicious food you guys always seem to have, but these days, I am dining fine myself, so.....:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting the two worst photos of me! What happened to my chin?
ReplyDelete