On June 5th, my Girl Guides troupe went on a year-end camping trip to Camp Ma Kee Wa near Orangeville. There, we learned about the outdoors by playing games and doing various activities. We learned how to build and cook on fire, how to put up tents, and learned one or two interesting facts about space and astronomy! I was impressed at how well we cooked over the fires we had created, and how delicious the meals were. We cooked tacos, hot dogs, and breakfast sausages. At night, we looked up at the clear skies, and spotted the big dipper, the little dipper, and even the north star. The camp fire was great- we sang songs, and screamed to the other guides at the other campsites. The marshmallows and s'mores were scrumptious, and we all had great fun around the fire.We also did mini plays that had to do with the constellations. As we went for a walk, we searched for different types of plants and insects. Some of the girls screamed for dear life when they saw spiders, and they were acting as if they were arachnaphobiacs. Late at night, all the girls partied until midnight in one tent, and fortunately, no one got caught by any of the leaders. During this camping trip, I learned that I can be very responsible, even without people telling me what to do. I had a great time in the outdoors, and I hope I can go on another camping trip as exciting as this one!:pJessica

Sounds like a great trip, Jessica. I've always thought you were responsible, but I guess this trip really showed it off. So cool!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a lot of fun Jess, I always new you were responsible!
ReplyDelete