Well, our baby has finally taken her first step onto the long road of formal education. Stephanie was very excited in the morning as she got ready for her first day of preschool by taking a shower, fixing her hair and watching me as I ironed her shirt and uniform. She even endured the tights which were a size too small for her. She cheerfully put on her backpack and was all smiles. Well, at least until we got out of the cab and she saw a swarm of people - kids and parents in front of the building. Her smile dissipated, her lips thightened as she clung to me and buried her face. The teachers instructed all the children to line up and I stayed with her until it was time for them to enter. At that point, she let out the tears that she had been holding back and started crying, "Mommy don't go!" I had to walk with her, the only mom in the line. We finally had to resort to giving her blanky which she immediately used to cover her face. She sniffed desparately and finally allowed me to leave and sit with the other parents in the back. Once I was gone, she seemed to be okay. When it was all over, we asked her why she cried, and she said, " I don't know!" She did promise thought that she wouldn't cry again and that she would work very hard. As soon as we left the area, she was her jolly self again, skipping along the road and waving at cabs as we tried to catch one to get back home.
Friday, March 5, 2010
School's in session!
Well, our baby has finally taken her first step onto the long road of formal education. Stephanie was very excited in the morning as she got ready for her first day of preschool by taking a shower, fixing her hair and watching me as I ironed her shirt and uniform. She even endured the tights which were a size too small for her. She cheerfully put on her backpack and was all smiles. Well, at least until we got out of the cab and she saw a swarm of people - kids and parents in front of the building. Her smile dissipated, her lips thightened as she clung to me and buried her face. The teachers instructed all the children to line up and I stayed with her until it was time for them to enter. At that point, she let out the tears that she had been holding back and started crying, "Mommy don't go!" I had to walk with her, the only mom in the line. We finally had to resort to giving her blanky which she immediately used to cover her face. She sniffed desparately and finally allowed me to leave and sit with the other parents in the back. Once I was gone, she seemed to be okay. When it was all over, we asked her why she cried, and she said, " I don't know!" She did promise thought that she wouldn't cry again and that she would work very hard. As soon as we left the area, she was her jolly self again, skipping along the road and waving at cabs as we tried to catch one to get back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

precious!
ReplyDeleteSo grown up! She looks like a typical little korean school girl.
ReplyDeleteToo cute.
Stephanie you were so brave! I love your uniform. You look very grown up.
ReplyDelete