Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I am always amazed how things quickly appear and disappear in Korea. For example, I remember a few summers ago, frozen yogurt was a big hit and you could find a "Red Mango" on practically every street corner packed with hip youngsters. Then last year it was "Cold Stone", where you could pick and choose the toppings you wanted beaten and smashed into your choice of ice cream. Well, this year it's waffles. You can walk for blocks without hitting a frozen yogurt shop but you can't walk a block without seeing one coffee or dessert shop serving waffles. You will find them in coffee shops, restaurants, and bakeries. There are waffles carts/stands lining the street in high traffic areas as well as in mall type shopping spots. When it rains, it pours.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the things I liked about Korea; it was very very clear what was hot. Fashion, food, healthy living....moderation may not be in the Korean vocabulary. Still so fun!

    ReplyDelete