July 15th, 2009
Today I finalized our travel plans to Korea this summer. Well, I guess I should say, return plans...I bought 4 one way tickets to Seoul. Yup. It's finally done. We fly on July 15th. It has certainly been a wonderful time here, but it is now time to be a family again. Of course Sung is very happy and looking forward to our return, and likewise, the children are excited to have their father back, and I am happy to have another pair of hands to help with the kids;-) Still, I can't deny that there is a sadness that hangs over me as I think about not seeing my parents weekly, and that the number of times I will see them again are limited. I don't know if I will see my grandma again, or be here for the births of nieces and nephews, or weddings of certain cousins...I have in some ways taken for granted that I would always be here and that things would always be the same. It is time to pack up once again and look forward to the next chapter in our ongoing adventures. I know that life in Seoul will be very different, but very fulfilling and dynamic as well. I am grateful and feel blessed for the time that we have spent here, for the people we have connected with, and the experiences we have shared.
So sad, we'll miss you too!!! Just make sure you have an extra room for "unexpected" (or expected) guests!!
ReplyDelete